Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Wednesday WIPs: Milestones

 

Worsted Weight Gray Blob almost has a second sleeve. 



Fingering weight Gray Blob bottom ribbing is finished and now it's getting its first sleeve. 





Riddari had its second decrease row. The third is not too far away. Thank goodness.





I'm about 10 rows in now with the new yarn on the handspun sock and I think it's going to work. It's not a perfect match but it'll do. 




And....someone asked me for my baked ziti recipe. It's nothing fancy. 
Here goes:
1 box of ziti pasta
1 container of small curd cottage cheese
1 8 oz package of shredded mozzarella
1 egg
2 cups microwave thawed frozen spinach
1 24 oz jar pasta sauce

I just mix the cheeses, spinach and egg together and layer with cooked noodles and the sauce like you would do lasagna ending with some of the mozzarella I've held back for the topping. Bake at 350 for about an hour. Served with a salad and bread, that's three nights worth of dinners for The Mister and me.








6 comments:

  1. I do baked ziti the same way...except ricotta rather than cottage cheese. I don't know how you can knit two grey blobs at the same time! That would drive me crazy. Love your hand spun sock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you get off of Sleeve Island you will soon have some completed sweaters! It will be wonderful to have lovely new sweaters in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for the big gray blobs. Almost to the finish line. With Riddari too. Yippee. I think the sock looks fantastic. You would never know it's two different yarns.
    The ziti looks great. We prefer cottage cheese over ricotta too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a huge pasta fan, but that ziti sounds right up my alley - I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum--the egg is a surprise ingredient and I will try it next time! The new sock is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete