Saturday, May 18, 2024

Home Alone

 

Yesterday The Mister helped me get that 10 ft warp wound. That was an adventure. I had to get out the Christmas wrapping paper because I ran out of my usual winding paper.  Today he's off with his family for an all day birthday party far, far away and I couldn't be happier. I need a day.



I've already pulled the cotton for my next towel but I've got a lot of math to do to figure out the warp. Having a quiet house so I can think is important so I'm going to take advantage of the absence of Mr. Ants in the Pants. 




This is the pattern I'm using. It's the Gift Exchange Towel by Pat Bullen from the May/June 2021 issue of Handwoven. It's going to be a perfect summer project. You can buy it as a kit from Cotton Clouds but I just happened to have leftovers in the colors I need. How lucky was that?





5 comments:

  1. I really like the colors in that towel. So bright and happy. Enjoy your day alone.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a person whose Favorite Color is purple, those are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the warp you just wound on was with sock yarn for a scarf?! It looks beautiful! The new colors will be so much fun to play with--enjoy the quiet day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sock yarn is on the loom being threaded-which has been interesting. The cotton is being warped for the next towel.

      Delete