Friday, May 3, 2024

Hot Stuff

 

It was terribly hot again yesterday but before our early morning walk with Pup I managed to squeeze in some project time before we came home to paint. Light gray blob almost has a second sleeve. Dark gray blob is halfway through the bottom ribbing. 



I even got a round on my ginourmous Riddari. I was solo on most of the second coat of paint so The Mister could get the yard tackled before it got too brutal out there. Heat, humidity, bugs...the whole miserable summer season is already upon us. I knew we would pay for that early spring. It is supposed to rain and be cooler this weekend which is good for the MDSW. I don't mind the rain. 




After the painting was done and the floors were vacuumed and mopped I found the time to work on my paper piecing projects. I've got a regular assembly line going with both of them and it's been a pleasant way to spend a hot afternoon.









7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found time to do some things besides paint! I didn't realize MDS&W was this weekend, so I hope the rain is just a drizzle and it keeps the crowds down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your fingers have been flying! Nice work. Send some of that warm weather our way please. We haven't had many days even in the sixties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With our home using central air very often 10 mos of the year, the outside doesn't affect my knitting choices. Now yard work....that is indeed miserable in the summer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very chilly here today. Grey and damp. No rain, but I don't think my clothes on the line will dry. I will need to gather them up for the dryer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're getting way more knitting done that I am! I haven't touched my poor socks all week! It's supposed to be a rainy weekend though, so it looks like outside of stuff might be put on hold for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just absolutely craving color right now--in everything! Which means Sheep Heap may have to go on hiatus for a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hot here, too. Still knitting, though!

    ReplyDelete