Friday, May 31, 2024

Friday Fluff

 

Remember this? I made five of them.



They look like this now. They are not my best work, that's for sure, but they just might be interesting knit up into something. I'm also a little disappointed with the size of this skein. It's pretty small considering how much merino went into it. 




I admit that I rushed that project off the wheel because I was obsessed with getting this sock finished. I tinked it back to where the green started and I really wanted to see the end of it. It has not been fun. 




When I'm not too tired from floor laying I work on the fiber that I hope will get that sock finished. It won't be a perfect match but it has to be better than it was. 




Speaking of the floor, we have this much to finish today and one room will be done. You know how tired we must be to have stopped with just this much to go but we both hit a wall and started making stupid mistakes so it was quitting time for the day. 





And.....I need to thank Lucy in KY for this surprise package. She sent me some lovely things from the Kentucky Sheep and Wool Festival. Isn't that an adorable project bag? You know I'm itching to find some sock yarn to match it. Thanks Lucy, it was most generous!






9 comments:

  1. Love the bright colors, and the Kentucky goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The project bag is fun - looks like kitty paws were put into an electrical outlet! LOL. Cute point protectors too. You should easily complete that first floor today...then maybe you can take the weekend off???

    ReplyDelete
  3. The floor looks really good! I hope you finish today and I also wish you the best in the next room and with your spinning and knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So close for the flooring!!!! You two did a great job on all of those corners!!!
    The new yarn is very pretty. I am so ready for a good spin but am trying to get everything ready for TDF and not jump the gun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fiber, spun and unspun. I think the floor is looking great. How many total rooms/halls do you have to do? Just think, once this is done, you'll have done the entire house!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colors are just so beautiful!!! The floor is looking just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the colors of your projects! The floor looks fabulous ! I wish I had your energy…have a great weekend. xo, Virginia

    ReplyDelete