Thursday, May 16, 2024

Enough is Enough

 

I didn't quite run out of warp but this towel is way bigger than a towel should be so I cut it off yesterday. As much as I enjoyed working on it, it was time. 



It was 43 inches long before hemming.




I'm happy to say I remembered to zig zag before I starting trimming it. I forgot with the last towel and it wasn't fun. 




I wish my hemming skills were better. Hemming is like herding cats. It's hard to get it to stay straight in the machine. The fabric likes to undulate and go where it wants to go with any pressure. 




Here's all 40 inches of it, hemmed and semi-trimmed ready for its wet blocking. That's a lot of towel..lol. 





And....my Willy Nilly sock yarn scarf is finally on the loom getting all its fiddly bits done. When I took it off the warping board I measured it and it was 10 feet (!) long. No wonder I was running out of yarn all the time. 







7 comments:

  1. That is a LOT of towel! You could almost use it at the beach. :-) It is very pretty though.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new towel is so pretty!!! Nice job! (yeah, what is it about the undulating hems?! I am going to use my walking foot on the next towel when I hem it!) The new Dr Who length scarf is going to be very cool! Can't wait to see how you will weave over the sock yarn warp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on weaving the world's longest towel, and it's also quite pretty! I'm looking forward to seeing the weaving commence on the sock yarn scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I, too, am a horrible hammer. That really gets in the way of sewing, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I always love seeing your weaving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering how you would finish it--I know nothing about weaving! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors in your towel. I was wondering if you could use it as a table runner?

    ReplyDelete