Monday, December 14, 2020

Something Done, Something Undone

 

The latest handspun Pimpeliesse is done. It's the latest and probably the last. I've got quite a pile now. 



This one I dyed myself and the colors are very pretty. When I stick to the less is more rule I do much better than when I go total clown barf. 




Now for the undone.....Festive Doodle is no more. I got all the way to the arm split when I noticed something had gone terribly wrong.



It was way too small. 




I had tried to use the same measurements as the Mosi sweater I had just finished because it fit so well but it didn't work out the way I had planned. I spent Saturday night and Sunday morning taking it to the frog pond. 




It seems I hadn't taken into consideration the gauge differences between the two. I got the same gauge as the Mosi but Festive Doodle had 10 more stitches to every 4 inches. It killed me to rip it all out but you have to do what you have to do. I was so way off that I even had to order more yarn. 



Now I have a box of kinky balls and a very tentative restart. Festive Doodle didn't turn out to be very festive and neither did my holiday socks. I should have known better. After all, it is still 2020. 








9 comments:

  1. That shawl sure turned out beautiful. I'm so sorry about the Festive Doodle. How disappointing when you had so much done. But now you "get" to knit it again!
    We've got more snow! 3-4 inches fell today. Bleh. I wish I could ship it to you.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - that frog is a painful one! Hope you get it back on track soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shawl is gorgeous! So sorry about the frog pond...that is not fun...especially when you had so much done. Snow is in our forecast for Wed-Thurs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first thing I thought when I saw your first photo was that I loved the color of your shawl! So well done in every respect!
    You're wise to give Festive Doodle a redo but I know it hurt to make the decision. We all have to bite the bullet at times - just keep moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn, I hate to see such a beauty frogged.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, that is heart breaking! I'm so sorry you had to frog the sweater because it was beautiful. It will be beautiful once again though. I have faith in you!
    And yes, your Pimpeliesse is gorgeous! LOVE the color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would've made a fine dickie or dicky or neck /chest warmer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's painful but a necessary task! Sorry! Thankfully the yarn will knit up again and not tell on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have to do that sometimes and start over! :(

    ReplyDelete