Friday, December 18, 2020

Friday Felines: Ghost Kitty

 

What do you see on the other side of my knitting stand?



That's our "ghost kitty" Herbie getting mighty close. Ever since Hoover went over Rainbow Bridge we have noticed Herbie getting more and more comfortable being out and about. I rescued him from the woods when he was just a wee one about 10 years ago. He was injured and abandoned by his mother. I've still got her and all of her other kittens too but he's never warmed up to us....until now. 




On quiet mornings I've been throwing a sheet on the couch (my cat allergies) and sitting and knitting a bit on Altheda and lately he's been joining me. That used to be Hoover's job I'm sad to say. I am not actually sure it's me he likes or if it's the sheepy unspun wool that Altheda is being knit from but it's nice that he's finally coming out of the closet.  I do have to keep an eye on him though. He's the one that cost me a fortune when he got into a bag of unwashed fleece. I'm pretty sure he'd make short work of Altheda if he was ever given the chance. 


8 comments:

  1. Herbie is very sweet looking. I'm glad he's getting friendlier with you, but sad that it's taken 10 years for it to happen. I used a bar of your goat milk soap today. It's heavenly. Thank you again for being so generous and sharing with us.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Altheda and Ghost Kitty are very pretty. 10 years! That's a long time to just begin warming up to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Ten years is such a long time. I wonder why that is. Herbie's coloring is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is a pretty cat! I know that it doesn't take much to change the dynamics of cat pecking order. The sweater is gorgeous! It's gonna be like wearing a cloud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet that after a decade he's beginning to warm up to you. Cats are funny creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Herbie is beautiful. I love the whiter parts of his face. HE's a cream color almost. It is so interesting how our cats change ranks ...isnt it? I love your sweater

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoover must have been too dominant for him. Since Peno died, Burton has been paying more attention to Dave. I think it's because when she was alive, if Burton went near Dave when she was around, she'd smack him in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS. Herbie is beautiful - looks like he may have some flame point Siamese in him.

    ReplyDelete