Sunday, July 17, 2016

No Soap

 This is the first week in a long time that I have not made any soap to show off. I do still have seven batches curing so I'm not worried about running out in spite of giving tons away at this month's well attended ladies lunch.

 What I did do this week was try to get Daddio's quilt finished because I need the room to start appliqueing that giant submarine together. All was going well until I went to square it up and....yikes. I cut right into the edging on one side. That's bad.

 After throwing an epic internal temper tantrum at my stupidity I had to get to work to fix it which means replacing all that paper piecing. Ugh. It backed me up an entire day.

All's well that end's well.  It wasn't that hard to fix.

 I went through Daddio's stash and found his favorite rainbow stripe for the binding.

That went off without a hitch. Now I have to hand sew it all down on the back. Thank goodness for Audible on my Kindle. This month's book is a bit of a yawn (see sidebar) but I'm seeing it through to the end regardless. A credit is a credit and I'm not wasting one.


  1. Oh, no! So glad you worked it out and saved the day! It looks beautiful!

  2. Yikes! That's the problem with sewing.....your just can tink back something that you cut. Glad you could get it all fixed.

  3. OMG! That's the stuff nightmares are made of....a real heart stopper! Thank God you were able to fix it. So much work has gone into that beautiful quilt it would really be upsetting to wreck it at the stage.

  4. I would have panicked had I cut that edging like that. I'm a newby quilter.

  5. That is the most amazing quilt. I'm glad you were able to salvage the e3dge without too much trouble!