Thursday, July 28, 2016

July Cards

The invoice came for my August card kit and I hadn't even touched the July kit. Yikes. That's bad but there was the TdF and that giant submarine in the living room.



 I did manage to spend one evening in the card room and came up with a handful.



 Here are the published inspiration cards from Youtube and the Simon Says Stamp blog. You can see they are all pretty similar this month. Lots of watercolor and embossing.



 I made these two up on my own using paper I had in the stash and the stamp kit. This was a ho hum month so I don't think anyone was too inspired. I've seen next month's kit and I won't ruin the surprise but I will say you won't believe your eyes. It's pretty crazy.



The big lesson I learned this month is that the hybrid ink that came with the kit can NOT be used like distress ink. I tried to use a watercolor brush with them and the ink ate the bristles. I didn't realize there was that big a difference in stamp ink so I think it's time I do some homework on that matter.


 Some new things that came my way this month were Lawn Fawn's speech bubble stamps and dies.



 Some Zig Clean Color watercolor markers.  Very pricey but very cool. Hopefully I'll get to try them out in the near future.



 Some subdued Distress Ink colors. I have lots of brights but nothing subtle and I love these for watercoloring.



Finally a sheet of birthday sentiment stamps. We've got a lot of birthdays next month so let the August card making begin!



6 comments:

  1. Love the black one. Love watercolours. Love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowery ones are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What IS is about August?? We've got four b'days in our family (and used to have five until my father passed away). Included in this crazy b'day month are my sister and me, born on the same day but two years apart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you dragged your feet on July because they were flowers again, too. You did manage to make some very pretty cards, though! Here's to some exciting looking August cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the script on the Birthday stamps. Looks like a real signature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait....you have a "card room"?! That's totally cool! I want to be you!! LOL

    ReplyDelete