Thursday, September 25, 2014

Sock Weather


It's been chilly. I had to dig out a pair of socks this morning and my feet can't be happier.

Last week I washed my hats and this week I am working my way through my sweaters and shawls.


I got a huge surprise when I washed this too big cotton sweater and threw it in the dryer out of laziness. It shrunk enough to finally fit. It's only about 15 years old and I had never really worn it because it was ginormous. Now it's like I have a new sweater. Cool.

I also got another surprise when I washed my really old Swallowtail. I never really liked it but I think it was because I had not blocked it right. I had been too afraid in my early lace days to really open it up because it was made of handspun that I was sure would break. It spent an afternoon out in the little bit of sunshine I have left in the yard. This is a dreary time of year here in the woods.


Now it's quite spectacular. Look at that. I can actually see those nupps.


 I also washed my 2012 Holden that I wore last year to the Shenandoah Valley Fiber Fest. Hopefully, I'll be going again this year which means I will be frolicking among fiber and fiber bearing critters this coming Sunday. Fingers crossed. My track record for going anywhere or doing anything I want to do has been pitiful for the past six months or so. I won't mention any names but there's an old man that better keep his blankety blank arse in his wheelchair between now and then if he knows what's good for him-and I'm not kidding.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, the cotton card I is beautiful! So are your shawls...nice work results from your happy feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment on the blog post. I really had no idea how large it was. That's part of the problem. I just spin and get what I get! I love your shawls. I think I might just try Swallowtail next. Don't know if I'm brave enough to spin for it though. Here's hoping the old main behaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You better get there!!!
    I love your shawl and I wish my disaster cottons would shrink….

    ReplyDelete