Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 

Before the big vaccine adventure I was making a lot of progress on appliqueing down the hexie runner to the background material. I got the flu jab in one arm and Covid in the other so there was little to no arm movement over the weekend.  



Yesterday my arms felt good enough to pick this up again. I got that top border thingy finished and started the flower that goes in the middle. 


And...you were all right about those star points. It was a big aha moment for me. I hadn't read the comments yet so when I did I was impressed at how smart you all are about this sort of thing.



I would have gotten more of it done but the sun was streaming in the window heating up the sewing room and I was being cooked. We technically still have the AC on (yes, with the windows open) but it's not hot enough outside for it to cut on. BUT if you are in a room where the sun is shining in the window it's stifling. The Weather Channel was talking about this being an issue with the autumn angle of the sun when it is combined with the high temperatures we're all having. I certainly proved their theory right yesterday. I had to give up and go in another room to cool down. 



5 comments:

  1. I love that all black cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hexie runner is so colorful! I have that problem with the sun in the late afternoon in my kitchen. It can be blinding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been in the 90's here all week but the rain is supposed to arrive in an hour or so and cool everything off. I sure hope so. Our AC is running and very needed.
    Your projects are all so beautiful.You did the star perfectly and I love the contrast on the cross-stitch.
    Glad the arms are better and you're able to do your crafting again.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even with the a/c on in the house, my studio is west facing, so I usually have to have a fan on as well - especially if I've got the iron on - it's amazing how much that little appliance can heat up the already warm room.

    I knew you were going to love those stars! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching! I really like the beginning of the stars! It doesn't take much time with the iron on and the machine going and sunshine in the window is right!

    ReplyDelete