Monday, October 9, 2023

Inktober

 

The Mister wanted some crabs before he went in for his surgery on the 19th so we had some of the family over yesterday.



Daughter and SIL showed up with their Baby Grand early so we took him for a stroll on the boardwalk before we picked up the crabs. There was a lot for him to see. 





Son and DIL showed up with the Big Grands bearing gifts. Look at those cookies. DIL is a master cookie maker. Those Halloween Hedgehogs are the cutest things ever. 





While the big people ate crabs, the kids and I spent the afternoon doing art in the downstairs craft room. It was Day 8 of Inktober which was toad day. Their idea of a toad and my idea were two different things. Apparently there is a video game character named Toad that they wanted to draw. They also wanted to show me some Chinese calligraphy and their print making skills. 



Up until now I've been up to date in my Inktober journal. I'm not sure how far I'll get this month with the surgery thing and all. As usual, it may not be great art but it's a whole lot of fun. 

 





6 comments:

  1. Those cookies are works of art! I bet they are tasty too. And crabs - yum! I made crab soup for dinner on Saturday. I don't like picking crabs though...I always let someone else do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's what I call a perfect day! Family and grandkids. Wonderful. I loved all of the artwork and those cookies! Oh my gosh! They should be framed and kept forever. How can you possibly eat them?
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful time with family--the crab meal was a bonus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cookies are beautiful. A witchy hedgehog is just the BEST.

    Your grands are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - I love that they thought of Toad from Mario! Too cute! Looks like the new generation has all the artistic potential of the older ones! You are a family of artistes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m glad you had a fun afternoon, drawing with the Grands. I have to admit, the crabs would have been my first choice. Love the decorated cookies!

    ReplyDelete