Saturday, October 14, 2023

One

 

I've got a bad case of the mehs. My mojo for doing anything has got up and gone. I thought when the weather cooled down I'd perk up but now I just want to hibernate. The only cure is to strike a bargain with myself. 



I tell myself that I only have to do one of anything. One row. One section. One border. That's what I'm doing here. I am putting one brown border on the Dresden a day. It took everything I had just to move the sewing stuff back out on the table. 




Then there is this. It's ready to be machine quilted. Now I have to decide on the color thread I should use and I'm not relying on my judgement when I have the blahs. I'll snap out of it. I always do. The first step is to hide the bag of potato chips and get up off the couch. One step at a time. 




5 comments:

  1. I think we all go through times like that. Dennis, Mom and I all got our flu shots yesterday. Mom did fantastic. No side effects. Dennis had a sore arm which is unusual for him. I've run a low grade fever all day, headache and general feeling like I have a mild case of the flu. I'm hoping all wake up tomorrow normal, but for today? I got nothing done. Oh well. Tomorrows another day and it will eventually all get done.
    However, I have two other couples coming to dinner tomorrow night so I better feel good quickly! :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do ONE of anything. Hopefully, the mehs go away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you just need to wait for the blahs to pass - but I like the idea of "one" to help move things along

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the colors I see on my screen, I would use yellow thread to quilt the table runner. Yellow blends so well and is also a happy color. If not yellow, I would probably use grey thread (if grey is indeed the color of the outer edges. I hope you get over the blahs quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to know yourself and what can motivate you!!!!

    ReplyDelete