Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Serendipity

 

I don't have a thing to show for TNT but I do have some happy quilting news for a change. What are the chances you'll have the exact size of baking material in the perfect pattern AND a piece of leftover batting that is also the exact right size? Slim to none around here but it happened yesterday.



And that's not all. My brown fabric showed up from Connecting Threads. I bought two different browns in hope that one would match and........one did. Unbelievable. 




Today would have been Dad's 94th birthday so maybe he's been sending down some good juju so I could finally, once and for all, get his leftovers finished. I can hardly believe that I could find a photo of him actually working on it but I did. We started this one in 2011.





But.....I'm not having the exact same kind of luck with Charming Stars. I've had to do a bit of seam ripping. The pattern is great, my color skills-not so much. 





6 comments:

  1. Dad is still working his magic for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serendipity for sure!! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that photo of your Dad working on the quilt. Serendipity! I think it's wonderful.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What are the chances?! So glad it is going well--they look like the perfect project for his birthday month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. I’m glad that the projects you worked on with your Dad are progressing smoothly.

    ReplyDelete