Friday, October 27, 2023

Caught Up

 

Yesterday marked a week from the day of surgery and The Mister and I have hit a wall. I've been running around like a hamster on a wheel trying to keep things going and the Mister has been fighting against his broken body. After his daily workout we took the day off from caring about anything but getting some rest. The place is a mess. I've got furniture piled up all over the place and the dust bunnies are running wild. I don't care. I'll take care of it later.



Over the week I did manage to get caught up in my Inktober journal. I took a few minutes here and there to throw something on the page, usually late at night when I could catch my breath. It didn't get worked on yesterday. Yesterday, on top of everything else, I had a headache. 


4 comments:

  1. The Wall. I remember that with Dennis's hand surgery. It hurt so bad. I had to help him shower and dress since he only had one hand and the other had to be held up high, away from the water. It was all wrapped in plastic too. And we get to do it all over again next Thursday, only it's supposed to be very invasive with plates and screws this time. Oh boy! I can't wait! Ha!
    To top it off it's been a really busy week. I left home at 8:20 this morning and didn't get home until 3:30.
    The house will wait. It's better you both get some good rest. Would you be comfortable having someone in to help clean until all of this is over?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest is the best thing for both of you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest is important for BOTH of you. It's hard because we always feel the need to be doing, but you have to remind yourself it's ok to do nothing. Or even just small things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A day off is good! I'm especially sorry you had a headache, too!

    ReplyDelete