Saturday, October 21, 2023

Christmas In October

 

Yeah, we've already hit the Oscar the Grouch phase. It took a few days reach maximum Oscar with the hip since he was out of it for a longer time but with the knee he's been like a bear with a sore arse since I brought him home. We STILL haven't heard from the doctor about the pain meds and that's not helping matters. He calls the office every hour on the hour and takes it out on the poor receptionist. I need to send her a basket of muffins or something. 



On a happier note, the day before The Mister's surgery our holiday stamp and dye sets arrived. We had looked at the choices earlier and I let him decide on these. He likes that he can make different cards with the different strips. He doesn't like doing the same card over and over like I do. 



I also ordered this set of winter critters for me. They come with speech bubbles that you can fill in with whatever you want. 




The Mister took a look at them and thought it would not be fun to do all that coloring but that's just the sort of mindless thing I like to do. I took a few minutes just to play with them and didn't want to stop. I'd love to be able to hide in the downstairs craft room for a few hours but that's not going to happen anytime soon.





And.....my Little Prince tote bags are here. I thought they were sock project sized by the price of them but they are not. They are BIG. I could get a sweater project in them. In fact I will. I know I've got at least one laying around here somewhere that needs a bag.








8 comments:

  1. Yikes! I've been told by people who had both that the knee surgery was by far the most painful and hard to recover from. Did they give him all of the doo-dads for the bed that pump air and release it around his leg for compression? I feel for you my friend.
    But those coloring strips are SO cute. How fun to just sit and color if you can.
    I'll be praying for you both.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we've got ALL the electric doo dads again and a brace that has to be worn whenever he gets up. I spend all day and night taking stuff on and off him so he can move. I'm about worn to a nub.

      Delete
  2. Unfortunately, pain can make people grouchy; I'm sorry you are getting the brunt of it. (my neighbor sent her DH to a rehab ctr after his surgery bc he was such a bear the first time! He had to behave to be able to come home! lol)
    Love the new bags--they are so sweet! The cards/coloring will be a good distraction when you can grab a minute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the surgery went well but sorry you have a grouchy patient. Maybe you can have the doctor add a tranquilizer or something if you ever get the needed pain meds.
    Thank you for the wonderful soap! When I opened the package, the fragrance was heavenly. Your soap is the best of all that I have used. Thank you for your generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if this is timely, but three ibuprofen plus two acetaminophen equals one oxycontin. Heard it from my dentist, confirmed by others..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reminding me. They told me that in the ER when I smashed my thumb in the car door. It works great. It got me through many a toothache.

      Delete
  5. I can't believe they didn't send him home with some pain meds. Hope he can get some soon so that you can get some "time off".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure am thinking of you today and hoping your DH's medicine arrives and helps. I, too, have heard that knee surgery is very painful but am sorry he's suffering and taking it out on you. Hang in there! And hugs from WA.

    ReplyDelete