Thursday, October 12, 2023

Fox Tales

 

I've always had a thing for The Little Prince. I've collected the book in every language I can get my hands on. 



Daughter also loves The Little Prince and brought me this home from a 2015 traveling adventure to Boston. 





Two years ago, when she was decorating the nursery for her impending little one, I gave it back to her for her Little Prince book shelf since I already had a Little Prince of my own. 





When they came down to eat crabs over the weekend they brought Monsieur Renard with them because the Baby Grand has taken a fancy to it and takes it every where he goes. The next day I get a call........



....they are home but Fox is not. Oh, my. The Mister and I spent a night and a day tearing up the house looking for it. No luck. The poor baby would point at the place on the shelf the fox was supposed to be and cry. Oh, gee.....



Since SIL had also left his coat here we made the long, sad trek up to their house yesterday to return it- without the fox. Then, while we were mourning his loss and looking for one to buy online Daughter had a thought. She looked in Baby Grand's closet and...........there he was. Safe and sound. When she pulled up the camera she has in his room she could clearly see that he had it and put it in the closet on their return home. I don't think I've ever been so happy to find something. Since we found another one to buy online, when it arrives the original will come back to ME. 




All this Little Prince talk made me sorry I didn't buy all the Opal colorways of the Little Prince sock yarn collection when it came out. Unlike the fox, it's nowhere to be found. 






2 comments: