Sunday, October 22, 2023

Tea and Sympathy

 

When I get out my fancy tea set it's a sign I need a moment.  Thanks to some strong Percocets the doctor finally managed to get to us we are past the grouchy stage but the battle is far from over. 



Now I've got to get Mr. Sleepy Head to do his exercises and to take a walk every couple of hours. I have to unhook him from all the electric doo dads, get him in a brace and force him to get that leg moving when he would just rather stay asleep. I know knees are painful but I'm going to have to wean him off that stuff asap or we could be in for a world of hurt down the road. The doctor was pretty adamant about keeping that leg in motion. 



As for me, I'm still walking around on eggshells around here trying to stay quiet. The Mister still hates loud noises and takes every opportunity to tell me so. No sewing machines, no looms..nothing that makes noise but I did get to play with the new spindle for a bit. It's a lovely light spindle that spins like a dream. It's the kind that you can spin "frog's hair" on it as spinners say. I'm going to have a lot of fun with it. 




I also got a very few minutes with the Ladybug. I'm still working my way through whatever I had on it. The visiting nurse, who was a HE btw, was very interested in the wheels. I had to give him a demonstration and show him my handspun. I have to say I was tickled by it. It's not very often anyone shows any interest in this stuff. None of the other lady nurses or therapists who came for the hip showed the least bit of curiosity about all this weird stuff I have in my living room. It's too bad he won't be coming back because I'm kicking myself that I didn't hand him a bar of soap as he left. That would have probably blown his mind. 








5 comments:

  1. A convert! Maybe he'll get a wheel soon. :-) I'm glad Mr. Grouchy is gone and I hope he's cooperative with you about moving. That's the secret! Our camping buddies in Spokane, Larry & Nita, each had a knee replaced. Nita has also had both hips done. She said the knee was more painful but knew to keep moving. They are both 79 and made great recoveries. I'm hoping for both of you that the Mister does the same.
    Your spindle is beautiful and so is your tea set. Keep taking care of yourself too my friend.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the dr came through finally, with the meds!!! I always found that the men liked the technical side of things and were intrigued with the wheels! fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes to the Mister and to YOU. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your DH is feeling better soon. I've heard from friends that knee replacements are pretty painful. I sure could use spinning lessons! We restored an old spinning wheel, and it sits in our living room waiting for me to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, keep that knee moving and work to increase the range of motion.

    ReplyDelete