Wednesday, October 25, 2023

A Not So Special Delivery

 

The best part of yesterday was that Jack came out of the closet. I am working on the background fill and it's a nice mindless projects. Mindless is all I've got in the tank right now.




One of the worst parts of yesterday was my grocery delivery. I usually do a pick up but I didn't want to leave The Mister so I chanced a delivery. It didn't go so well. When my 3 pm order did not show up I called at 5 to see what was up. I was told there was a technical glitch in the system and I was going to have to re-schedule. I asked them to cancel my order instead and they re-did the order for a pick up today and thought that was it. Spoiler: It wasn't. I made dinner. Tucked The Mister in for a nap and fell asleep on the couch. At 8:30 I woke up to find........my order on the front porch. A text said it had been delivered at 5:45. So all my cold and frozen stuff sat on my front porch melting away for almost 3 hours. I spent the rest of the evening on the phone getting it straightened out and today I have to take back all the spoiled stuff for a refund and pick up the pick up order. I hope. No fun there. 



And.......to make a terrible day even worse, we got word that The Mister's "work wife" passed away from Covid at 9:30 last night. A dear friend. She had been in a terrible car accident and was in a rehab facility where she was infected two weeks ago. A harsh reminder that we may done with Covid but Covid is not done with us. 








8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you had such a bad day. There isn't any excuse for the grocery mess-up. They should have been able to tell you it was on the way. On the up-side, Jack is looking pretty smug about being almost finished. :-)
    I'm sorry about your friend. I've heard of several with covid lately. It just makes me not want to go on the cruise in January even more. My sympathy to you and The Mister. I understand how it is with "work wives". Dennis had one too that we stay in touch with and meet for dinner when we're back in Spokane. She made his life at work so much easier.
    Blessings and big hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so, so sorry about your friend…such sad and hard to comprehend news. I don’t ‘know’ you and I don’t know her but please accept my deepest condolences. xoxo, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's a mess with your grocery order. What a hassle! Sorry to hear of the Mister's work wife passing. Covid is definitely still around...and it pays to be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about Mister's friend. That's terrible. i brought up COVID in a meeting yesterday in the context of how work slowed, but now it's picking up - and one of the Sales guys said "yeah - thankfully COVID is over.." It definitely is NOT.

    The grocery order is super frustrating too. I always think about trying it out (even just ordering to pick up at the store) but everyone's horror stories have me saying no - I'll just go get it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I sure hope today is going better than yesterday. So sorry to hear about your friend; COVID is definitely still around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pick-up order is merely irritating and then some but hearing of a friend's death is so sad. I'm sorry for the rough news!

    ReplyDelete