Monday, October 30, 2023

Let It Be

 

Happy Halloween Eve! October is a long month but Halloween always surprises me when it gets here. I did string up the the pumpkin lights a few weeks ago so I knew it was coming. I know these lights are at least 30 years old and still going strong. I've never replaced a bulb yet. 



I had a big date with the remote control and the couch yesterday. I am very happy to report that THE MISTER WENT DOWNSTAIRS to watch football yesterday afternoon so I got to do absolutely NOTHING for a few hours. I sat down to watch some old movies and fell asleep. Good times. 





It's still hot as blazes here. I've got the AC on in fact, but I did peek outside long enough to take the trash up to the top of the driveway and found this. Look at all those leaves. Leaves I HAVE TO GET UP. I have to take The Mister to the doctors today but tomorrow I am going to have to deal with this mess. Ugh.




Oh, well. I like the leaves. I'd leave them be if it was up to me so I'm going to enjoy them right where they are for the next couple of days. All of a sudden, it really is beautiful out there. 




6 comments:

  1. Well, the leaves are good habitat for tiny creatures and as they rot down they return nutrients to the soil, so I would leave them there, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pumpkin lights are too cute. Good news about the mister going downstairs - his healing must be going well. I would just leave the leaves where they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do enjoy a good walk through the leaves-the noise has good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how suddenly the fall colour just smacks you in the face - it starts so slow then BAM! colour everywhere! Then Bam - it's all on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallelujah on The Mister being able to navigate the stairs so you had some "me" time.
    I just can't imagine it still being hot enough for A/C, although ours was on just a few weeks ago. It was 25 here yesterday!
    Praying for good news from the doctor today.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stairs are one of the biggest and hardest obstacle after knee surgery. I’m glad the Mister has tackled them and that you had some quiet time.

    ReplyDelete