Monday, October 2, 2023

Better

 

Even after a sleepless night I felt well enough yesterday to take a bath and then clean the heck out of my house. I also had to deal with all the mail and packages that showed up on Saturday. Among them was my package of fabric from Missouri Star. It's the cream colored solid at the top. I needed it to go with all the leftover Lasting Legacy collection I want to do something with this fall. 



Since I have three charm square packs, a 10 inch squares pack and a little yardage I went looking for a charm square quilt and found this free pattern from Moda. It's the Charming Stars pattern by Stefani Roman. I've never done a stars type quilt before because I am afraid of the points but I figure with all the other stuff going on close enough will be good enough. We'll see. 


7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you're feeling better. It's good news indeed! I really like that quilt. Those are the kind of colors that I lean towards. Peaceful, calm colors.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fabrics!! Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That paisley fabric is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty fabrics! Don’t worry about the star points: perfection doesn’t exist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's wonderful about the star pattern you've chosen is that the points aren't near the edge of the block (called floating stars) so that it is less critical if you're off a bit! Great new quilt to be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one of the best ways to makes stars - you do not have to worry about losing those points, I promise! (Now I want to go make one like that!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are feeling better. If the instructions are written the way I think they are for that quilt, the star points will be absolutely no problem. It will be a fun quilt to make.

    ReplyDelete