Monday, January 8, 2024

To Dye For

 

I did it. I drug out the dyes and did something about that ugly duckling yarn.



I hate dyeing in my new sink but I did it anyway. That yarn was irking me. 




I filled three jars. I mixed up some jet black, spruce green and burnt orange and jammed the skein down in them.


I couldn't do much about how badly spun and plied it is but the color is better. I'm going to let it sit here for a while and marinate while I figure out what I am going to do with it. 






9 comments:

  1. Interesting result. Do you have any plans for this yarn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you succeeded at improving your yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Striking! I can't wait to see how the colors knit up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm in the minority, but I liked it before. I like it now too, but thought it was pretty before you re-dyed it. Your artist eye is more discerning though. That's why I always ask for advice on decorating, (paint colors).
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth be told, I don't really like it now either. It does look better now that I wound it into a ball. I've got a sock going with it so maybe it will grow on me.

      Delete
  5. I think it is beautiful. I do see you are making socks with it, but if that doesn't work out, I think it would make a lovely cowl or shawl (Hitchhiker? if you had enough yardage.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did some magic; it looks great now, and it will be fun to see how you use it!

    ReplyDelete