Saturday, January 20, 2024

Careful What You Wish For

 

It's no secret that I love snow but I don't love all kinds of snow. Yesterday we had a dumping of my least favorite kind. The wet, heavy kind. We had an icy white coating but then this stuff showed up and made a mess out of it. 




Pup wasn't loving it either. Every time she went out she got soaked. She was looking at me like what is this nasty stuff? I was disappointed too. 





The snowman that dad made me that sits by my door used to bring me luck in the snow department but not lately and certainly not yesterday. Whatever happened to that white fluffy sleigh riding kind of snow that shines like glitter in the sun and makes the most beautiful sound when you hear it coming down? We haven't seen it in years. It's either all ice or too wet. I'd like at least one more sleigh ride before I get too old to get on my sled. 











6 comments:

  1. When I was a kid, we lived on a hill and had a great time with sleds and toboggans. Our snow yesterday was fluffier than most, but far too often it's heavy and wet or the dreaded wintry mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pup sure says it all with that look! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday, I received your wonderful soap. It is packaged so pretty and has just the right amount of fragrance. After my cold walk this morning (temperature in the teens), it was a nice addition to my hot shower. Thank you for your generosity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Shirley! I've been taking inventory and planning spring soap today. I can't wait!

      Delete
  4. I'm with you--love the fluffy stuff, hate the other stuff, especially since it is so hard to clear off. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we got all your fluffy stuff here. We popped into town yesterday afternoon for a few things, and one of the hills in the park was covered in kids tobogganing! They don't get chances to do that as much I as did when I was a kid, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete