Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 

We finally did get some snow yesterday. All in all it was about 3 inches worth which is more than we've seen around here in a while. 



As for stitching, as usual, I didn't get much done. It's getting laughable. As soon as I sit down all heck breaks loose. Every. Darn. Time. My goal was to get Llama Lump finished this week. That didn't happen. I did get some of the background pines started but gave up in exasperation. Not one living thing in this house can stand to see me sit down for one blessed minute. 




During our little snow event I dug out my snowman rug hooking project and gave him a dusting off. 




I have a lot of background fill to do so I had to cut some strips. I couldn't remember which gray I was using so I went with the one called Dirty Dove. That name made me laugh. 





And...it seems, we have a winner in the soap popularity contest. It seems many, many of you wanted Harlequin Romance. Too many of you, I'm sad to say. If you didn't get it this time around don't worry. I liked the scent so much I'll be making it again for spring. If you recall, I was not too fond of the pour. All the color ended up only on the ends of the loaf and none in the middle which was mostly plain pink. You know I just have to try that one again. It'll irk me until I get it right. 




7 comments:

  1. You managed to get a bit more snow than we did - but more is expected today. It's pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you can loudly announce that you're going to clean the bathroom, and then take your stitching in there? I know that no living thing in this house wants to help me clean. We've got a few inches of snow here, too, but it's still snowing, so I'm not going out to shovel until it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three inches is a nice amount of snow! Pretty! The stitching is nice but the snowman rug hooking is a nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you finally got the snow you wanted. I would have happily sent you some from here. :-) I think Mr. Snowman and the Llama lump are looking great. Maybe you could hide somehow.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Llama lump is looking adorable. I'm still deciding on my next stitching project. I have a couple patterns I purchased that look best on black aida - I'm sure I bought some, but do you think I can find it anywhere???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your snowman is so cute! He needs to get lots of attention so he can be finished and enjoyed this winter. Love how your grime catcher (or whatever it's called) matches the colors of Llama Lumb.

    ReplyDelete