Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 

I almost got the top border of Patchwork Hiver finished this week. I have one more small box to fill in and then it's going in timeout for the rest of the winter. I know it drives people crazy when I do this but this one is just too Christmasy to work on now. I'll save that last side border for next year.



I will finish Llama Lump this year. I just have a few snowflakes to stitch here and there and then it's a done deal. I've got two more of the stacked critter collections stashed away to start in the spring. Some goats and some pigs, I think.




And.....if you want a laugh. Here's how we get our groceries down to the house when it snows. We have a long steep driveway and we park at the top of the hill so this has been our solution for years. It's great fun. I even took a few more slides down the backyard after I get everything put away. It's melting fast though. It'll be 60 by the end of the week. Boooo........






8 comments:

  1. I have not been tobogganing in years. As a child I had so much fun with it. However, right after I was born I have three older siblings. My father went to visit my mother and kept saying the kids have a terrible cold. When my mother got home, she quickly realized it was not a cold, it was whooping
    cough. I got it and was very sick that winter. Born in October. This left me with bronchitis and so anytime outside for me was rare. I usually got bronchitis until I was 12 or 13.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I just want to say also I love your cross stitch. I must get back to it if I can find one I like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitching. The llamas are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pieces are both lovely, and I get why you'd want to put the Christmas one away. My problem is that once I put a craft piece in timeout, it rarely comes out (at least not until I clean out my craft closet). Your grocery solution is simple and efficient; I'm a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stitches are looking great! We are supposed to get a warm up mid-week but then back to cold again by the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you've been enjoying it while you can! We are anticipating 87 on TH! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like that sled does double duty! Fun and work. Very creative idea for moving all those groceries easily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you about putting christmas stuff in a time out (but I almost...almost...bought a bunch of new Christmas patterns yesterday!). We are now very warm and I'm contemplating opening a window! Oh the differences a week makes. Your stitching is glorious.

    ReplyDelete