Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 

We almost had a New Year's Day disaster. I have a huge container of every kind of beans in the world but NO BLACK EYED PEAS for our traditional New Year's dinner of Hoppin' John. Black eyed peas bring you luck and if anyone needs some luck it's me. 




The Mister also needs some luck so he volunteered to go down to the local store and see if they have any. Experience has taught us that they are usually sold out but this time he hit the jackpot. He's got his appointment today to see if he needs any more procedures on that new knee so he wasn't taking any chances with that luck thing. 




I had planned on spending the day doing what I wanted to do but Mr Ants in His Pants wanted to take down the lights, pack away all the Christmas stuff that we had piled up downstairs, clean up the front yard and put together these new deck chairs that I bought last week. I bought two of them.  It was raining so they are both still sitting in my living room. 




While he was occupied watching football yesterday I got the top branch and the little birdie stitched on Patchwork Hiver. 




I also got the third llama stitched on the Llama Lump. I wanted to get the basket that sits on his back finished today but that didn't happen. Maybe next Sunday. 










8 comments:

  1. We do the black eye peas, good luck tradition as well. We also put coins on the outside window sill for a prosperous year…bringing them inside in the morning…I reuse the same ones every year…I’m a bit wonky…and I need all the help I can get! Love those chairs! Happy, healthy, joyful 2024.
    xo, Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the patchwork cross stitch :-) just popping by to say happy New Year and looking forward to another year of blogging xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad The Mister found the black eyed peas. We had hoppin' john last night and it was so good! Hopefully 2024 will be a lucky year for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why those black-eyed peas were needed and I hope they provide enough luck. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for both of you today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the Mister has good news at the doctor today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luckily The Mister found those peas. We had a pot of chili that I made. We've never done black eyed peas. Love the progress you made on your stitchery projects.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the Mister got some good news at his appointment today

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice new chairs--they are surprisingly comfortable! I really like the llama stitching!

    ReplyDelete