Monday, January 15, 2024

Blankie Weather

 

It seems like winter is finally going to catch up with us this week. They are calling for really frigid temps starting today. I think it's time to get back to work on Audun. 



I've got exactly 100 of these little squares. My plan was to make something 10 rows by 10 rows. The problem was I had no idea how to connect them. This is an Arne and Carlos pattern and I couldn't understand how the pattern said to join them. I really don't speak crochet. 




I watched several YouTube videos on joining Granny Squares and I found one I think I understand. It's the continuous one where you go up one side and down the other joining as you go. I didn't get too far with my first row. It took a couple of tries but I think I got it.  




My handspun Garter Squish was also in warm weather time out. It got a couple of rows yesterday after I gave it a good dusting.





It made me sneeze when I first picked it up. I also had to wipe off all the balls of handspun that were in the bag with it. Nothing says something's been in time out too long than having to dust it off. 





And......two of my Barbie gowns made their way from China on Saturday. I paid $3.49 for each one with FREE shipping. 





The red one was perfect for one of my Barbie 80's Rewind dolls who was just wearing tights and a leotard.  These little gowns are so exquisite. You certainly couldn't even make one like it for the money. 










8 comments:

  1. I've got to figure out how to join my granny squares too...but I need many more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the proper pursuit for a really cold day - stay inside and make blankets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect time to work on blankets! Nice to see them again. Pretty dresses for your dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started a granny square blanket last night. I'm going to make all of the squares, finishing with the fourth round. Then to join them, I'll do a fifth round and use the "join as you go" method. So much more fun than sewing them together like I used to do.
    Those dresses are so pretty and what a great price!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can feel the weight of that afghan from here! Love it!

    And totally loving your Barbie journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Audun squares are so pretty. That will be a happy looking blanket with all those colors. Definitely going to be a blanket week for a lot of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are those crochet squares hard? I can't crochet at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can make them, anyone can. I am a complete beginner. They are just granny squares with one treble cluster round to make the petals. The pattern is very detailed with written directions and charts.

      Delete