Sunday, January 7, 2024

The Gang's All Here

 

The mailman showed up yesterday with a pile of packages. 



Even though they came from all over the country, all the Barbies showed up at once. 




I had one big fail. This one showed up in a bug infested box. She even had creepy crud in her hair. Whatever invaded her box also got into her. Her neck and shoulders were stained. Poor thing. She went right in the trash. I would complain to the seller but seeing how they wrapped the doll for shipping leads me to believe they aren't wrapped too tightly themselves so I'll just consider the money charity. I've already ordered another one from another seller. 





It took me hours to free them from their boxes. I've never seen so much packaging in my life. I had a giant trash bag full when I was done. I did learn a lesson about these specialty and holiday Barbies. You really can't play with them. They are dressed the way they are supposed to be and that's that. They really are just for display which is fine because they are gorgeous.





Reproduction Midge and Reproduction Barbie are fair game though. They came in bathing suits. Midge got put in her prom dress and Barbie is wearing a ball gown I found on Amazon.





Speaking of that ball gown, look at these two dresses. One cost me $13 and one cost $9.  The white one was the most expensive and a genuine Barbie wedding gown. I am not impressed. The beautiful blue ones came from a shop called Cora Gui and they make the most gorgeous doll dresses you've ever seen. I found these two on Amazon but when I went to their eBay store the dresses were $4 with free shipping. Needless to say Barbie has a bunch of new gowns and other things on the way from China. 




There is one Barbie that I want that I haven't been able to get a hold of. The Stevie Nicks Barbie that came out last year. The Mister is a BIG fan and asked me to find one but alas....unless you are willing to hand over $200 to someone, they are nowhere to be found. Stevie herself dresses her dolls up and posts about them over on her Instagram page which makes me feel like I'm haven't completely lost it. I'd play Barbie with Stevie Nicks any day. 



And.....if you think I'm crazy, take a look at the famous Barbie Pond on Avenue Q here in DC. This row house has a front yard that is continuously updated with seasonal and topical themes. If it's the news, Barbie and friends are acting it out. It's updated by three locals who wish to remain anonymous. You can see closeups of their work on their Instagram page here
It's worth a visit. 

























7 comments:

  1. This is a very fun post! It must have felt like Christmas morning all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word .....I got the shivers just reading about buggy Barbie. That one would have had me running for the hills.

    The rest are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about Buggy Barbie but Mukluk Barbie and her pals are lovely along with those Chinese gowns. Thanks for the link to the Barbie Pond IG. Their displays are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun Barbie party!!!! It has to be fun to find and dress them, as well as display them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I've never seen so many Barbies. I wonder how those bugs got to the buggy one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful Barbies! You're going to have so much fun playing with your new hobby. But Buggy Barbie. Nope. Just Nope. Glad she went out in the trash, the poor thing.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete