Thursday, January 25, 2024

A Fresh Start

 

Nothing is better than the sound of that roll of paper hitting the floor under the loom. That happened on Saturday during my wildly productive day and made me very happy.



That roll of paper means that I am that much closer to finishing this thing. I have one more roll to unwind on the back and then that towel will be a done deal. It was time to get started thinking about something new. 





I had to spend some time with the weaving stash figuring it out. I was looking for a draft I have done many times. I wanted something tried and true because what I am working on looks like a disaster and makes me sad.





Because my loom is smaller than what most patterns call for I always have to do a lot of math to cut them down to size. Somewhere in this mess I had that one already done. All I needed to do was find it. 





 Ah ha...there it was. I've done this Herringbone Twill many times over in many colors and it always looks great. Now I am going to do it in these fall colors that I've had sitting here since last summer. I'll most likely have the towel done by next fall-if I'm lucky. 




I had to declutter the warping board before I got starting winding as it had became a catch all for every bag I own but I did get started. The love is back.




And....right before the rain came yesterday we took Pup out for a stroll and were surprised to see so much ice left on the inlet that runs off the bay into the marina. It hadn't seemed that cold when we had all the snow, at least not to me, but it seems that it actually was pretty chilly. 













7 comments:

  1. That towel is going to be beautiful!

    It is funny to see ice around a boat. All the boats my family ever owned were in salt water. No freezing there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turquoise towel is pretty! The Herringbone Twill will be awesome too! Yikes, icy water! Stay warm and well. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the colors in that turquoise towel and that Herringbone Twill is quite nice. Sometimes you just have to go with the tried and true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when you are at the loom! Such a pretty one on the loom and a classic for the next project for Fall! Chilly bay pic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your current weaving project - the colors are gorgeous. The Fall herringbone one will be very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I think what you are currently working on is beautiful! Colors are great on my screen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing your weaving projects! That sure is a lot of ice; it made me cold just seeing your photo. Lots of clouds and rain here....

    ReplyDelete