Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Walkabout Wednesday

 

I've shown off the crab pot tree pretty much every year. 



It looks kinda crazy during the day but at night it's really pretty.


This year they have a new addition. A crab bushel tree. That's how you buy crabs-by the bushel. 



We're pretty crab crazy down here by the bay. Everyone specializes in them. You can even get handmade crab cakes at the gas station. 



Wouldn't it be nice to find a box of these under your tree on Christmas morning. Well...not really but you know what I mean. I know my family would trade a turkey for even a dozen of these anytime. 

6 comments:

  1. I do love crab, but I sure do hate cleaning it! The Crab Trees are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, nothing like fresh crabs! I love the creative use of the everyday things for the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crab is a delicacy here in landlocked Wyoming, but I doubt many would give up their turkey for a box of crabs. Love the “trees”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave would love your town! He loves crabs (to eat and just to look at - they are one of his fave animals). He was very upset when Lemmy destroyed the crab shower curtain I had bought him.

    When we were in Virginia, I bought him crab-flavoured chips and brought them back - he thought that was pretty awesome.

    Personally, I'll take turkey over the crab... but I'm not a huge seafood eater in general - I like haddock, shrimp, scallops, and clams, and that's about it (and it all has to be deep-fried!) (except the shrimp - I'll take them anyway I can get them)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those trees!! So fun! Merry Merry. V.

    ReplyDelete