This Christmas was the straw that broke the camel's back when it comes to my useless new stove. I really wanted to bake cookies and the new Frigidaire oven from the remodel STILL fills the house with awful fumes and smoke even after "burning it off" for almost 3 years. Frigidaire says it's normal. We think not. Tired of not having an oven I broke down and bought myself a little one. It spent two days outside "burning" itself off before I would turn it on in the house. Then it spent two more days shut in a downstairs bathroom with the vent running doing the same thing until we had no fumes. I have no idea what they are putting in these appliances these days but the fumes are just awful.
The first thing I made was a quiche for Christmas dinner. It was wonderful to have something baked for a change. I'm so tired of crock pot food. The thing that was keeping me from buying a little one sooner was counter space. I don't have room for something this big-but then I had an idea. I sit it on the oven when I need it and.....
...stuff it inside the useless $1200 oven along with all its cute little doodads when it's not in use. When the weather warms up we are going to drag the big oven out on the deck and "burn" the heck out of it outside where we don't have to live with the noxious fumes for hours and hours afterwards. Maybe it will work, maybe not. At least now I have a way to bake a potato if I want to.
How ridiculous that you have to do that. I think I would have given up and bought a new stove. Your little oven is a great though and the storage idea is perfect! I had a little one like that in our big camper when we lived in it and used it all of the time. It worked so much better than the camper oven that took forever to bake.ReplyDelete
I’m glad you found a temporary solution and hope a permanent one will present itself in 2023.ReplyDelete
We have the same oven/airfryer and it works great! Pull out that useless oven and put in some shelves!ReplyDelete
That is a perfect solution. It looks like a very nice little oven.ReplyDelete
That is a long time to go without an oven! I would not be able to cope. I hope you are able to get rid of the fumes, that sounds horrible.ReplyDelete
That's a good work around for now!ReplyDelete