Thursday, December 15, 2022

Lights Out

 

I was going full throttle on those holiday placemats I've been trying in vain to finish on Tuesday night when......



....the lights went out. I was stuck in my sewing room trying to find my way out in complete darkness knowing there was a hot iron in there somewhere. It was freaky. The lights were out for several hours so The Mister built a fire to keep us warm. It was 20 degrees out so I had to round up our lone remaining outdoor kitty and bring her in because her hut wouldn't be warm. I couldn't leave her out all night. She wasn't happy being inside but she dealt with it better than I expected.



On Wednesday afternoon I finally got the binding ready to be sewn down. I could have finished them right there and then but.....




....I was more interested in playing with the new charm pack to see what I could come up with. I'm like the kids in my class when it came to the weeks before Christmas. I just can't settle my brain and stick to one thing.





4 comments:

  1. How annoying to have the lights go out right when you're in the middle of something! Hope they're back on now and that you're keeping warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty mats - I like the layout. Glad you have an alternate heat source. I have electric heat, so when the power goes out I’m shivering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had no dire results of being stranded in the dark! The fire was a nice perk. good to relax (after you found the errant cat!) The new placemat is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on distractions, I am terrible for that too!

    ReplyDelete