Monday, December 26, 2022

Making Merry

 

For the first time in forever I'm not yanking down the tree and putting Christmas out of sight today. I have no idea why but I made it through the whole month without losing my holiday spirit. It was only a merry little Christmas for sure but for whatever reason it stuck. The family had a Christmas Eve brunch with #1 Son and family. It was a sushi extravaganza.



There were cookies.....



.....and more cookies. DIL is a cookie making machine. Look how beautiful. 




The two Big Grands took turns performing their recital pieces for the little Grand. I wish you could hear these kids play. So much talent. Little Grand was mesmerized as was I. 




On Christmas morning The Mister and I finished the Santa puzzle. 




I made another mince pie and baked it in the air fryer for breakfast. 




We didn't do presents this year for each other but we did get Pup a squeaky toy. After she got it out of the bag she wasn't interested in it at all. Pup and I spent the rest of the day on the couch watching Christmas movies while The Mister was holed up in the man cave downstairs because......football. I usually like my football Sundays but I have to say I was a bit peeved to be on my own on Christmas. 




Oh, well.... after the sun went down I lit the plum pudding, doused it with brandy butter, poured myself an eggnog and made a night out of it.  Alone or not-it was a very merry little Christmas. 



And....I know so many are suffering in this terrible cold but I had to share this photo I found on Mastadon. That's some crazy snowman. 








4 comments:

  1. All that food looks so delicious. Your DIL's cookies are beautiful.

    Now it is on to 2023 ---------wishing you a good "week before".

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sushi and cookies look so good. I love sushi. And those cookies are works of art. Your Christmas sounds like a lovely time. Dennis and I went to church in the morning and had a quiet afternoon. I made chicken enchilada's which I couldn't eat because they were too spicy. I'm not sure why because I used mild sauce. In the evening we went to Brad and Mandy's and to Mom's to give her her injections.
    It was a wonderful day. We weren't supposed to give each other gifts but Dennis surprised me with a nice gift card to Hobby Lobby.
    All in all, I kept my Christmas spirit too, despite Covid. I am looking forward to getting the apartment back to normal by New Years though.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all sounds wonderful!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cookies look wonderful! I don't know what was in the air either as I got bit by the cookie bug, too, for the first time in ages. That puzzle looks tough! Congrats on finishing it!

    ReplyDelete