Sunday, August 14, 2022

Sew, Sew Sunday

 

The weather took a turn for the better and my brain has turned to mush. I just want to sit and stare out of the open window and feel the cool breeze from a world that is finally accessible again. I was supposed to be painting the hall today but the spirit wasn't willing. I did manage to finish sewing all the binding on the baby quilt. 



This was such a joy to work on that I'm sad it's done. I need to throw it in the wash and then pack it up and send it off. The new arrival is only weeks away. 




I'm not sure how I did it but in my stupor I also finished the Sunflower top. Look at it. It's huge. What on earth was I thinking?




You can't even see the borders in the photo-it's that big. I'm going to have to drag that around the Juki and that won't be fun. Or....I could hand quilt it on a hoop-but that wouldn't be much fun either. 




The Mister is off playing golf again today and I'm either going to sandwich up that big quilt or make an apron out of this material I found in the apron stash. Or maybe I'll just sit on the couch and stare out of a window. I guess it depends on how much Diet Coke I have in the fridge. Something's gotta knock me out of this dream state. It must be all the fresh air going to my brain. 




2 comments:

  1. I am the same - the weather is PERFECT and I just want to sit in my garden and watch the world go by.

    The baby blanket is totally adorable. Well done!

    If you're willing to send me the sunflower top and it's backing fabric, I will quilt it for you and send it back. It won't be anything fancy (loops or meander is my specialty, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a perfect no-humidity day! The baby quilt is adorable, the sunflower top is perfect! What a beauty!

    ReplyDelete