Monday, August 8, 2022

Have Yarn, Will Travel

 

Almost seven months of doing nothing but dealing with catastrophes has taken a toll on me. All that work I did to lose those pounds during the pandemic have crept back and then some. Now that life has returned to normal I've started eating better and knit walking everyday again to 40's dance music for 30 minutes. No more pity party excuses for junk food and laying about. The party is over. 


It's not really a hardship. I love knit walking and just look at this yarn. It's Opal in some tropical colorway that is supposed to remind you of parrots but I think it's got a Halloween vibe. 


I can't really knit walk and do stranded colorwork.....or can I? I never really tried it. Maybe I should. I've got Number 11 in the basket ready to be cast on because............



......Bitty Spruce is finally finished. It was a fun and fast knit with NO finishing. It's in the gift box now waiting for a fall arrival. 



And......speaking of that new arrival, the daddy to be is having a birthday today. 1979. It seems like it was just yesterday that he was the new arrival.



6 comments:

  1. That sock does have a Halloween vibe. Very pretty. Happy birthday to your "little" who will soon have a little of his own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your boy! The socks do have a bit of a Halloween vibe to them and that itty bitty spruce sweater is darling - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that the truth--how can our kids be so old! lol I am on the better eating trail now, too, so I will encourage you to be of a better mind to work on that better body! The sweater is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bitty Spruce is adorable. Knit walking?! I’ve never tried it,but you’ve obviously got the knack. Love the socks

    ReplyDelete
  5. How come kids get older and we don't? I'm so glad you are back to your normal activities. How do you knit walk? That sure sounds hard to me.
    That's a very pretty baby sweater; what pattern did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the socks! And I agree, they are much more Halloweeny than parroty.

    As for weight loss, I guess covid was the best thing to happen to me in a while. I still can't taste anything but grapes, beer and wine. I can only drink so much alcohol and continue to knit so I'm pretty much living on grapes. I've lost 15 pounds so far and haven't had a single bite of chocolate since June 30th!

    ReplyDelete