Saturday, August 27, 2022

Here Be Dragons

 

We went out for a walk early yesterday morning before it got too blistering hot. Pup lucked out because the only shady spot we could find to sit in was just outside of the little coffee shop that sells her favorite blueberry muffins. I got to sit and knit while The Mister and Pup shared one. 



Even though it was early the place was abuzz with excitement. Tomorrow morning they are holding the dragon boat races. They haven't held it since the pandemic started but things were coming together down at the water yesterday. The beach was full of dragon boats.




Back at home we hung the new fancy light I got for the hallway makeover. Compared to the some of the things we've had to do this was a piece of cake. Using two ladders, I wore it on my head like a hat to balance it while The Mister hooked up all the wires to it. I wish I could have taken a photo. 





Then I went to work on the placemat redo. I got two put together and even made some potholders but ran out of steam with all the bindings. I'll have to tie up all the loose ends on Monday because this weekend I've got a babysitting gig. One of the baby Grands is coming to spend the night tonight while mom and dad go on a boat ride. It's been a long time since I've had a baby in the house overnight. This should be interesting.



2 comments:

  1. I love that hallway light. It reminds me of boat lights. I guess that is fitting for a house so close to the bay.

    Pup looks like she could eat that WHOLE muffin. I don't blame her. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute placemat. Cuter dog. Nice light. Enjoy your babysitting gig!!!

    ReplyDelete