The plying of the California Red was going fine until something strange started happening to the wheel. I think I need to change the string I'm using for a drive band. At least I hope it's something that simple.
The pretty Mardi Gras BFL has been a lot of fun to work with. I put on some Zydeco music and have at it for a few minutes every day. It's a great mood enhancer.
The spindles have been getting plenty of attention. The red got another wind off this week and I'm having a competition with the support spindle to see how much I can get on there. I have never had so much wound on it before but since it's still doing its thing I'll just keep adding more until it doesn't.
here is most definitely a steep learning curve with the little takli. It wants to unwind more than it wants to wind. I finished one puni and still feel like I'm doing something wrong. I need to go watch a few more videos so hopefully I can get a clue. If not, I bought a very expensive but pretty little box.
Such pretty fibers you have with which to spin. Those thrummed mitts sure are pretty too.ReplyDelete
Beautiful fibers and the mittens look great--yes, thumbs are very fiddly!ReplyDelete
Great progress, especially on the spindles. I tried spinning once and decided it wasn’t for me.ReplyDelete
So much wonderful fluff... but those red thrum mitts are to die for!ReplyDelete