In spite of The Mister's hand still looking pretty terrible from all the stings he was raring to go on the floor molding in the hallway yesterday. That means I spent the morning crawling around knocking in nails. Good times.
I told him in no uncertain terms that I was taking Sunday off. No sanding, no touch up painting just me in the sewing room. I found these pre-cuts when I was cleaning out the stash and wanted to turn them into the placemats I so desperately need.
But....when I went to get things ready for my big day in the sewing room that material wasn't doing it for me. Since summer is in its last gasp, I wanted something fallish so I went stash diving instead.
I found some fall batiks and two kits for making a table runner that was veggie themed. Before I knew it I had cut up a bunch of the material....
...sewed it all together, sandwiched it and quilted it. I got to try out my new machine quilting fabric glide which resulted in the worst looking stippling I've done since I first got the Juki. I kept bumping the edges of the glide but I did like how it held the fabric down.
The next thing I knew I had an almost finished placemat and all the stuff cut out for the second one. I wasn't wild about the results. I should have just followed the kit instructions and let that veggie material speak for itself. Since I have two kits I can try it again. I may have not liked the product but I really liked the process. I can see a drawer full of placemats in my future.