Monday, June 20, 2022

Project Interrupted

 

I know today is Pup's surgery day but I don't want to talk about. I don't even want to think about it so I spent the weekend keeping my mind occupied by sorting stash and planning projects. When I found this one I realized I had another story to tell. 




The Swish was replacement yarn for the Holm mitten project that I frogged because every time I picked it up to work on it I got hives...or so I thought. 




Last winter I had spent a small fortune on this new Arne and Carlos yarn but since I thought it made me itch, I tossed it all in the trash thinking there was something really wrong with it. Looking back, we now know it was not the yarn but the M word. Pup first showed symptoms in early January and I started having issues in February-just about when I had started this project. I can't believe I tossed all that beautiful yarn but at that time I HATED it and wanted a scapegoat for my puzzling malaise. I wouldn't have even gifted it to my worst enemy. Thank goodness I didn't post about it at the time because it really is lovely yarn and I would have owed Arne and Carlos a huge apology.

Well..see you on the other side of our latest Pup drama-hopefully with some good news for a change. 

6 comments:

  1. Sending good wishes for Pup. Hope she is on the road to recovery soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Pup today as she is fixed, good as new. I don't think I would ever go back to the first vet again...especially not for a nail trim!
    That lovely yarn in the trash! I can only imagine how bad those bugs had to have made you feel that you would throw away that beautiful yarn. I'm glad it wasn't the yarn and that you are now "m" free! Looking forward to tonights post when you tell us that Pup is doing well.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all rooting for you and Pup today. Don't think about tossing the yarn-it's water under the bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending good, healthy, happy wishes. xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending all the good juju to you and pup today!!!

    ReplyDelete