Friday, November 1, 2019

Winter Soap

For the first time in my entire life I did not make donuts yesterday. I made soap.



 Since I am getting ready to lose the kitchen for who knows how long I thought I better get some soap on the shelves.



The Mister went to play golf with SIL so I took advantage of the down time and had a blast setting up an assembly line. I am making a nice clean, chunky bar this time around. No fancy colors. Just a thin mica pencil line down the middle.



 I would have had even more done if I hadn't run of of lye and cocoa butter.  I ordered it from Amazon and the Cocoa butter was here this morning. I'm still waiting for the lye to come UPS which means it won't be here until late tonight. Boooo....


A quick trip to the grocery store for cat food........and surprise! Our neighborhood Giant Food, which is a big chain for those who aren't from around here, is now carrying-handmade soap from a local soap maker.


Of course I bought a big bar of Patchouli and Cedarwood for $3.95. We also have a little cottage soap shop opening soon down on the boardwalk. Gee....it almost doesn't pay to make my own anymore. I'm feeling a bit squeezed out of the market....lol.



As for the remodel update, here is the other side of the room that's going to get demolished. All we've done so far is empty cabinets, move furniture around and give the place a good cleaning. It's amazing how many dust bunnies can live on the wall behind a buffet.





8 comments:

  1. Your soap is all beautiful! I thought it was funny that with all of the soap you make, you still bought some. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to check out the competition!

      Delete
  2. Your new soap loves yummy. I love the simplicity and the narrow line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even your plain soap is gorgeous! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your soap is always wonderful! Every time you mention the kitchen renovation and show a photo, I am in awe of your abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the deep clean is always a good thing!
    That's nice soap but not like yours!
    You could always sell yours at the new store, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "... all we've done so far..."!! I don't think that's ever the case for you! We love all your soap days - we've seen the process from start to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your simple lined soap. That's pretty exciting that a big chain like Giant is selling local handmade.... but the skeptic in me wonders how 'handmade' it really is.

    ReplyDelete