Sunday, September 3, 2017

A Rainy Saturday


There was plenty of Fall KAL knitting in the morning but it is all too boring to mention again at this stage. In addition to all the socks, I also brought along the naughty pile of brown spaghetti to try and make peace. I had an unfortunate experience with it a few weeks ago and I have been afraid to touch it ever since. I am happy to report it played nice today. 



 The gloomy afternoon was spent stitching. I had stopped and picked up the floss for the little Halloween sampler that just showed up in the mail. I didn't mean to get started just yet but it was quite addicting.




I've got another sheep in the making. I am also happy to say that the new snap frame is working out. I keep it stretched with a thick towel when it's not in use.




That evening I perched under a lamp with this pile of pretty batiks for some paper piecing. I think these hexies may be a border for Daddio's wedding ring quilt. Everything else I tried did not look quite right. That little quilt is getting to be a real headache to finish. I didn't see that coming. I thought it would be done by now.


Finally I did some terrible watercoloring using water soluble markers instead of paint. I saw someone doing thumbnail sketches of landscapes using this technique and I thought I'd try it looking out Daughter's window. As usual I had a lot of fun working on several of them but they're not much to look at. It ate up a few hours of a long, dreary day so I should be thankful for that.

11 comments:

  1. I'm lovely all of your projects...especially the sheep! :-). I don't know how you get them all done.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pattern are you using for the naughty brown yarn? The colors of everything in your pics today are so beautiful! I know I'll regret it, but I'm hoping for cooler (and drier) days ahead! Have a peaceful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.ravelry.com/projects/araignee/a-season-of-mists-and-mellow-fruitfulness

      Delete
  3. I think you're right on those hexies. They will make an awesome border on the Wedding quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. all lovely but HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN WHEEEEE.
    Hey our pact is working. I havent eaten in the middle of the night since we started...how you doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I would crack this weekend when I was kitty sitting but I didn't!!!! I am already home. Daughter cut her trip short. Boooo.

      Delete
  5. Not much to look at??? Seriously??? I think that watercolor is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice eclectic day with the fiber lovelies!
    The water color turned out very well-it is dark and dreary like the day you drew it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those cross stitches.. currently I'm doing one cross stitch of rocket on my son's demand.. :)

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your watercolor is beautiful. I look like a two year old when I paint. Isn't it nice when yarn plays nice?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The big pile of brown spaghetti is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete