Thursday, June 30, 2016

Peachy Keen


 I bought this lovely basket of apricots the other day and some ripe peaches thinking I could eat them all before they went bad.


Of course I couldn't eat them all that quickly but I did have this ancient cookbook that I used when I had a grapevine and a fig tree.



 I chopped it all up and added plenty of sugar. Those apricots were tart.



 What I got was a sugar covered fruit salad when I added some stray plums and a can of pineapple chunks. It was all I could do not to just eat it as is.



 It cooked down really quickly. I was worried I hadn't chopped the fruit up enough but it worked out just fine. I didn't even need to use the potato masher on it.




Mmmmm....I gave it a taste on some bread and it's going to be great tomorrow morning on my English muffin. Now I need to go figure out where I put those darn lids.





8 comments:

  1. Yum! My mouth is watering, this looks so delicious.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now there is a wonderful breakfast treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O that looks goood.... I noticed my supply of strawberry jam is running perilously low... I may have to do a little jamming this weekend before the berries are done for the season

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds yummy! I just adore apricots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmm. I could see them filling a thumbprint cookie too...just saying

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! I'll bet that smelled delicious while it was cooking.

    ReplyDelete