Friday, November 25, 2022

Gobble, Gobble

 

I had a lot of good knitting time on the almost two hour drive up to Daughter's yesterday morning. Musselburgh got some serious inches while we listened to World Cup action on the radio. Other than the 4 am games, I've seen most of the matches this week. 



Daughter had the house decked out in fall splendor inside and out. 



The men in our family love to cook. Son and Daughter made quick work of the vegetables while I worked on the potatoes. Daughter and I both ended up with band-aids on our fingers from cuts thanks to her new and very sharp set of knives. 




Son in law manned the grill and produced an amazing bird or so I'm told. I don't eat it but I do enjoy how good it smells. 



While all the cooking was going on three of the five Grands amused themselves. You wouldn't even have known we had kids in the house. We are so blessed with this bunch. Their parents were never so well behaved when they were this age....lol.




Right after dessert we had to scoot on down the road before it got too dark. Our nasty rural roads are too much for us oldies especially this time of year when the deer are everywhere. We made it home just before sunset without incident. It was a wonderful day.







5 comments:

  1. Ahhh! I can hear the happiness in your words Debbie. I'm so glad you had a wonderful day. The bird did look delicious. Thanks for sharing your precious day with us.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful time! So nice of you to go and let the kids be home! Beautiful table decor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your day sounds wonderful. My afternoon was filled with happy shrieks of the children playing with their dads, delicious food, and lots of card games.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daughter's table is beautiful! Looks like a wonderful day and the food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, the littlest one is already so big! Glad you had a wonderful time with the family!

    ReplyDelete