Saturday, April 20, 2019

Getting Caught Up

 I spent my first day home scrubbing my floors and doing laundry but I still managed to get a little piecing done.



 After spending all that time with Daddio's perfectly crisp hexies I was not happy about my sloppy squares. I always have trouble keeping the little corners down so I came up with this idea. It worked like a charm but it cracked me up. I kept thinking about little square ladies with curlers in their hair every time I looked at them.



 I have no idea why I thought that was so funny but after I got over my giggles I managed to get several blocks done. Then I ran out of navy blue material and glue pen refills so now this project is on hold until they show up.



I also had planned to start cutting the fabric for the Sunflower blocks from my new kit but my cutter was cranky which made me cranky. Now I also have to wait for Amazon to bring new blades because shredding the fabric is not my idea of a good time. Since the quilting corner is going to be quiet for a few days I suppose I'll have to find some other mischief to get into. There's always something.

7 comments:

  1. That was a brilliant solution. I love those little clippy things. I remember going to bed at night when I was a little girl with those pink foam rollers in my hair. It sure made it hard to sleep.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always a good thing when a project gives you the giggles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when ingenuity rules! Wonderful idea! Curlers at night - ugh, I remember that but my hair was so thin the curls never lasted past noon. I love my extra short hair cut now - I guess it would have been a "pixie" cut way back when!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use those little clippy things for all kinds of things and now, every time I use one, I'll think of you and curlers. :) Hope you don't have to wait too long for the Amazon truck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah memories! Does anyone use curlers anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabric you started cutting for your sunflower blocks. I always cringe when I have to replace the blade in my rotary cutter. Apparently, I have not forgotten the early days when it was more of a chore. Great solution for making perfect squares.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work on the squares--the glue pen really helps--So will a new cutting blade! Be careful when you use it , it will be SO sharp!

    ReplyDelete