Wednesday, April 24, 2019

A Fine Mess

 It's been a long time since I've made a mess in the downstairs craft room. For months it's been a bunny card making factory. I've been working on these art journal pages since last fall. It's been a work in progress.


I've also been making mindless collages using all my gelli plate scraps and some of the fancy doodads you get in the card kits. It's brain candy.



I've done a little swatching too. I made this swatch journal and then forgot about it. My plan was to go through all my different watercolor sets so I've got a long way to go.



About that brush pen lettering.....it's hard. Really hard. Tracing a worksheet is one thing but trying to do it on my own. Not happening. Not yet anyway.

11 comments:

  1. How fun! You have so many different talents. Not me. Just crochet and knit and maybe a little cross-stitch. I have always wanted to try calligraphy but my feeble attempts were so bad I never tried again. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fun day for you - love all the colors! Calligraphy is HARD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Playing with all that color would be lots of fun. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colors are just so much fun to play with and I love that you don't put restrictions or rules on the color work you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your second image so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love seeing all your doodles and artworks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, watercolors and caligraphy....nice to have time to get lost in the zone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like such fun. Playing is really the way to grow.
    I've tried brush lettering, too. It is not as easy as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your creativity is amazing! I'm quite jealous of people who can paint, and do any form of fancy writing. I'm dying to learn to 'write fancy.' Actually, that's not true. I'm dying to know how to write fancy but apparently, I have no interest in the learning part.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would think working with your watercolors would be like therapy. Happy colors and just let your imagination take over. Many years ago, I took a calligraphy class. Unfortunately, I did not proceed beyond the one class and remember nothing except it was harder than it looked.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you've been having a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete