Thursday, December 15, 2016

Respite


 I heard you all loud and clear yesterday. I need to take a break so I did. The Mister was still doing Old Mom duty so I had a quiet day to myself. I dipped into the fancy Christmas coffee and added a splash of brandy. It helped.



 I even broke into the fruitcake a few days early. I didn't knit, sew, weave, or create anything. I just was and it helped. It really, really did especially when I got the call that the car was totaled. Sigh. Pass the brandy.



During my lazy afternoon I discovered the coolest thing ever. It's called Radio Garden and it lets you scan the globe and listen to radio stations from all over-and I mean all over. I think that is way cool and can't wait to use it on Christmas Eve. I used to always listen to shortwave programs on Christmas Eve when I was kid back when the internet wasn't even a thing you could imagine. I still send cards and Christmas packages to friends I made over the airwaves back in the day. It's a small world.

11 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your car. UGH! Maybe a SECOND piece of fruitcake would help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Dee's comment and maybe another splash of Brandy in your coffee?! :-) Radio Garden does sound interesting and I'm glad that a day of resting helped.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I was afraid of that. It looked pretty damaged. If that reckless driver that hit you has insurance you'll get a new car though. Terrible inconvenience though. You may need more spiked coffee and fruit bread to get you through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the radio link. Already listening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crap about the car! So glad you took a day to yourself. And yes, more brandy and more fruitcake is in order. The Radio Garden looks way cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you gave yourself a rest! Sorry about the car; such a hard blow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the car. But glad to hear you're taking time for yourself. And I concur with Dee... more fruitcake! And maybe another splash or two of brandy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how cool is Radio Garden! What a gift. I'll ask my Irish friend whom Im meeting today for coffee, if she listens to it! Fruitcake looks amazing Lady! Car condolences

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm doing exactly the same thing today - just kind of "being". And I'm listening to a podcast on BBC4extra. Hearing that a car is totaled is so heartbreaking - I'm just thankful that you're physically all right. I know there are some things you have to do - You'll get them done so much better with this rest day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you took a day for yourself, you have been moving at the speed of sound! So sorry about the car!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you for giving yourself a break. I know that's not easy to do at this time of year! I was devastated when my beloved Prism was totalled by a Badger football fan a few years ago. Still miss that car!

    ReplyDelete