Wednesday, December 28, 2016

A New Beginning

 On the 26th I spent the morning fighting the urge to pack it all away.  By afternoon I had lost. I packed it all away. Not only that but I went through all the bins of old stuff and made a big trash pile. It felt wonderful to lighten the load.


 Why the rush? Because it's been weeks since I could get to my favorite wheel-which is naked btw.



 I've got a shelf full of fiber itching to go. Which one? Dunno yet.



 Loom's empty too. That's not right. I've got kits galore and the time has come for one of them. Which one? I dunno yet.



Why is none of this fun stuff getting done today?



Because it is 60 degrees out and Pup wants to play. I've got the rest of the winter to catch up. Today we walk-and cry.....


...damn, people.



Just damn.



10 comments:

  1. 2016 has NOT been kind...not to any of us. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. There has sure been a lot of loss this year hasn't there? I was saddened to hear this news today too. I packed away a lot of our decorations this afternoon. Just kept my snowmen out. They keep me company throughout the winter. Have a lovely day my friend.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep putting off all the work of putting it away; I need to make a clean slate for January!
    It was a loss of something more than Princess Leia yesterday; she was younger than us and that brings the whole mortality point quite sharply home. I wonder if she watched the latest movie?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is more than time for 2017 to come in. Hoping for better days.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Dee... I've had a loss during holiday time...since then I realize a lot of people go during this time of year. All part of living. On a happier note I did manage to acquire some White Christmas!!! Bring on 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, I always KNOW when it is time to take down the tree. I just know. I've packed almost everything BUT the tree. The linens, the china. Some of the China broke in the move. :( It was 30 years old afterall, but there is a store in town that will take a chip and make a necklace of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know! That was such shocking and sad news. I'm trying to wrap my head around it and now her mother has had a stroke. So sad. I busied myself by packing up the decorations. Need to start a new project. That always helps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fresh start sounds like a great idea! I'm ready for a new year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm also in the mood to take the xmas tablecloth off and put a white one on to celebrate the new year. I'm sad about Carrie and Debbie too. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*

    ReplyDelete
  10. And her mother the next day, this has been a brutal year for deaths.... My Xmas was packed away yesterday, HOORAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete