Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Christmas Interupted

 I should probably warn you that this is going to be a total Debbie Downer post. My life is so insane at the moment, I can't even keep up with my chocolate advent thingy.



I have been boo hooing for weeks about how I haven't been able to find time to do any Christmas stuff and I'm running out of time. It almost took too much effort just to throw some candy canes in my grandmother's old coffee mug.



My twinkle light just came out yesterday. I usually get that out right after Thanksgiving. Not this year and for so many reasons. All the production work took its toll on my early December Christmas spirit I am sorry to say.



As far as indoor decorating goes all I've gotten out from the stack of tubs in the basement is this sorry guy. He's a nonnegotiable. I need to fix his nose though. He needs a new pom pom.




The Mister has been MIA so tree duty was all on me. He's been doing 24/7 old mom care since last Friday and even worse, his best friend was in a serious car accident and is in shock trauma in a coma. Things don't look good. When he did come home he had to go to the hospital. Understandable.



To top it all off, this is what happened to HIS car while I was driving it home from rehearsal at the rink late Sunday night. Some nitwit kid tried to pass me at a million miles an hour and clipped me sending me into a ditch. I'm okay but this is the only vehicle I had that could haul the production team material back and forth from the rink and we have a holiday show on Saturday. That's a problem. Then I have all the wrangling with the insurance companies to deal with it not to mention that even though I'm not hurt, between the big jolt and the stress I feel like I've been run over by a truck. Sigh. I know I have a lot to be thankful for, this could have been so much worse if I had of hit a tree instead of going into a ditch but damn, people.....just damn. I need 2016 to be over.


15 comments:

  1. To have all this happen even throughout the year would be stressful enough but in one week is devastating - Don't feel bad about sharing things here - As a reader I may not know you personally but I have enjoyed virtually knowing you and am sending virtual hugs - Even the smallest things done have value, especially in the midst of so many disruptive happenings - Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened. People drive crazy back there...well everywhere I guess, but they seem to go really fast there. I hope that you'll wake up good as new in the morning. I'll also say a prayer for the Mister's friend. Things will be fine my friend. Take a deep breath. I'm also wanting this year to be over and done and next year to be much, much better.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO sorry about what the jerk kid did to your car, but I'm rejoicing that you weren't hurt. Please take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!So glad you weren't hurt!!! But here's the thing - time for a reset of expectations. On a "normal" day you have enough going on for 2 or 3 people. Pare back your holiday prep to the bare minimum. It will still be the holidays, just different. Different is neither good or bad, just different. But whatever you decide to do, take care of yourself first. And above all, remember to breathe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and me both! 2016 has been a roller coaster ride for us! The highs have been really high (bought a house,sold a house) and the lows were super low (father passing away,dog sick, unplanned trips to KY). But so many have it worse, I am embarrassed to complain! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are no Debbie Downer, crap look at all that has happened! I am so sorry about the car, the MIL care and your husbands friend. Lord that is a lot to handle in a short time or even a long time. I say skip most of the decorations, you will just have to put away most of what you get out. Rent a BIG car while yours gets fixed and sit down and drink a cup of tea. Oh and good luck on the performance on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! So very sorry. You are absolutely correct, 2016 needs to be finis!!! Glad you are ok (other than feeling like you've been run over by a truck) and I sure hope your Mister's friend is ok. Too much stress!!! Please take care of yourself. And I forgot all about candy canes! I need to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry! You have been spreading the love to all the people around you (us included because the soap goodies were a wonderful treat to get in the mail!) You need a bit of a respite! Wish we could all come and be elves and do all you shopping and house decorating and get it all tip top for you-including a spa massage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man. When it rains it really does pour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh DAMN! I hope the kid at least stayed on scene. And, I'm glad you weren't hurt, but yes .....2016 can slam the door behind itself and I don't care if it cracks its ass. It's been a sucky year for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes!! And I thought my life was messed up right now. My spirits were so lifted when I got your wonderful gift in the mail yesterday and I too wish I could make this all go away for you. Thank God you weren't seriously hurt! The car can be fixed but this sure isn't the best time for all this stress. Holidays are stressful enough. You might want to just sit down under that pretty tree with a good stiff drink and stay there till the new year! That's going to be my plan anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man!
    Well - here's something to keep in mind, and hopefully it helps.

    "It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."

    Whether you decorate or not, Christmas still comes, and you still have people who love you, and whom you love.

    You're allowed to be stressed and upset, and you're allowed to say "STOP! I need to take breath!"

    And then just tackle one thing at a time. If some stuff doesn't get done, it doesn't get done. The world will keep on spinning... the only difference is, you'll be a little more at peace. Which you deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to hear that you are going through a down time. Happy to hear that you are not physically injured.
    Hang it there, this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Deb. Car accidents frighten me for DAYS afterwards. I hope it is all better from here on out. Im so sorry aboutyour husband's friend. I will say a special prayer for him now. WIshing the Peace of Christmas comes to you soon!!! You deserve the Joy of Chirstmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, it's a miracle that you are all right! The car looks quite damaged. You and your husband really do have full plates these days. I can see why you feel like things are frantic!

    ReplyDelete