Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Playing Hooky

Remember this guy? He's the hooked rug pillow I started last November. I'll start working on him again next month.



I bought this pattern at the same time for October hooking and almost forgot about it.


 I cleared out a corner of the sewing room and got the pattern traced.



 Whoever invented this method of using tulle deserves a big hug. It makes it all so easy.


 Oh, oh. No orange in the stash. How am I going to hook a pumpkin with no orange?



I started cutting up the wool for the black bird and then ordered some orange.


It was here in a flash from both my etsy sellers. I'm still waiting for one more package of orange from ebay but I've got enough to get started.


Hmmmm.... I think I'm going to need a refresher course. This isn't as easy I as remember.

6 comments:

  1. This is one of the crafts I am trying hard not to jump into! I love these rugs and their early Americana feel. They offer so much room for creativity, too. But I know it's one of those things that is harder than it looks! Hang in there. You'll get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE The look of this craft! oh and GO CUBS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! It's that holiday time of year, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable patterns. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete