Thursday, February 29, 2024

Hearts and Flowers

 

On this bonus day of February I've got the Hearts and Flowers rug project to show off. I can't believe I managed to get this much finished. It's not like me. I'm really slow at this. As cool as that is it's still getting packed up today so I can get out.....





....my old friend Spiral Chicken. She gets to stay out until October so I hope to make some serious headway on her this year.






My other February project is not getting packed away.






I've got all but one of the big rings and two whole blocks finished and I want to see this one through. 





But...it will have to share some attention with Charming Stars. I'm pretty close to finishing this top too. It'll be a race to the finish. 




And....the crazy clay soap was worth all the effort. I got a few tiny air bubbles but the clay plopping did a unexpected pretty thing when I ran a hanger tool through it.




Here's a glamour shot of all six bars. They all look so different. And the best part is they smell like..........nothing. I do love an unscented bar. 










12 comments:

  1. Ack! That heart! ♥️ the spiral chicken! 🐓 the Valentine! 🩷the stars! ⭐️⭐️…oh, and that soap! 🧼🧼🧼🧼🧼🧼All looks wonderful….you sure are BUSY!! Enjoy the last day of February and take care…xo, , Virginia (oh that chicken 🐓💜)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clay soap did turn out so pretty. Happy to see Spiral Chicken again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I do love Spiral Chicken and am glad I'll get to see it for quite a while. And congratulations on your clay soap. It looks really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your projects are fantastic and I'm happy to see Spiral Chicken again... but you have no idea how giddy I felt when I read your plans to finish the Valentine quilt. For you to start and finish a project in one season makes my finish-a-project loving heart soar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pink blocks are so cheerful, I wouldn't be able to pack them away either! And you know I love that spiral chicken - the only one I like better is rainbow kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm back and have loved reading through all of the posts. The heart is beautiful but I'm glad to see spiral chicken back. The quilt tops are so beautiful. Take care my friend. Life goes on doesn't it?
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe Spiral Chicken will make it to the finish line like Rainbow Kitty. Really hope you have Rainbow Kitty displayed and enjoying it and not stuffed in a tote/drawer. The soap looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ashamed to say that Rainbow Kitty is in the rug cabinet. :(

      Delete
  8. Love that heart! Looks like you've got lots of projects in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun group of projects!!! Is it easy to find the ones you put away when you're ready to get them out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything has its place so I know right where to get things when the season changes. Many of my things have been coming in and out for years....lol.

      Delete